Man, 33, Killed on Lincoln Boulevard in Pedestrian Hit-and-Run Crash
LOS ANGELES, California (Sept. 25, 2013) – Police arrested driver Kara Kiehle, 33, of Venice Beach last week on fatal hit-and-run charges after receiving a tip about the person who fled the scene of the crash that killed a 33-year-old pedestrian at the intersection of Venice and Lincoln boulevards, according to a press release by the Los Angeles Police Department.
On Friday, Sept. 20, about 3:30 p.m., LAPD West Traffic detectives arrested Kiehle at her home in the 500 block of Realto Court after an anonymous web-tip gave them information about hit-and-run driver who killed the man
Police booked Kiehle at LAPD Valley Jail Section and she is being held on a $50,000 bail, the report said.
The arrest of Kiehle will hopefully bring some closure to the family of the pedestrian who was killed as he attempted to cross Lincoln Boulevard. She struck the man and continued driving westbound on Venice boulevard – leaving him to die in the street without stopping or calling for help.
The Los Angeles Fire Department were at the scene of the fatal pedestrian crash and pronounced the man dead at the scene.
Police had only a few clues as to who the driver was including the fact that it was a female driver either white or Hispanic in a dark-colored vehicle, possibly a Toyota.
Police would appreciate anyone else with information about this accident to contact them at West Traffic Division Detective Johnson at 213-473-0234 or 213-473-0222. During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to 1-877-LAPD-24-7 (877-527-3247).
“Drivers who flee the scene of a fatal crash not only commit a crime against the individual they have killed, but also against society,” said Attorney West Seegmiller. “It is also in their own best interest to remain at the scene and assist the person so they are not charged with a crime.”
At The Seegmiller Law Firm, our attorneys are trained to handle complex litigation matters as they pertain to injury and wrongful death claims. Our attorneys are compassionate with our clients who are often going through one of the most difficult times of their life. Our firm has handled numerous claims totaling more than $150 million on behalf of people involved in traffic accidents. Recently, our law firm obtained a $100,000 settlement on behalf of man who was injured in an accident two years ago in Los Angeles County.
After more than three decades in business, our attorneys are privy to the tactics used by many unscrupulous insurance companies who may try to slant evidence in their favor or get a person to accept an offer. Please do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation with one of our experienced car accident attorneys at 1-877-557-4239. We will do everything we can to help you.
— The Seegmiller Law Firm